Frothy says church/state separation is just a Communist idea. Who knew the founders of America were Communists? Who knew they also weren’t American? The concept of “mutual independence” of church and state, as James Madison put it, or church/state separation as Thomas Jefferson put it, is apparently only something from Communists, according to…
Sorry, but your church people recently have done nothing but confirm to everyone why we need church/state separation. Everyone why paid even the slightest ounce of attention in American history class would know
Let’s look at how many times these Communists are known to have said, directly, that they believe in “church state separation,” shall we:
- “The experience of the United States is a happy disproof of the error so long rooted in the unenlightened minds of well-meaning Christians, as well as in the corrupt hearts of persecuting usurpers, that without a legal incorporation of religious and civil polity, neither could be supported. A mutual independence is found most friendly to practical Religion, to social harmony, and to political prosperity.” – James Madison
- “The civil government functions with complete success by the total separation of the Church from the State.” – James Madison
- “I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between church and state.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Because religious belief, or non-belief, is such an important part of every person’s life, freedom of religion affects every individual. State churches that use government power to support themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of the church tends to make the clergy unresponsive to the people and leads to corruption within religion. Erecting the ‘wall of separation between church and state,’ therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society. We have solved … the great and interesting question whether freedom of religion is compatible with order in government and obedience to the laws. And we have experienced the quiet as well as the comfort which results from leaving every one to profess freely and openly those principles of religion which are the inductions of his own reason and the serious convictions of his own inquiries.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “The purpose of separation of church and state is to keep forever from these shores the ceaseless strife that has soaked the soil of Europe in blood for centuries.” – James Madison
- “We do not admit the authority of the church with respect to its pretended infallibility, its manufactured miracles, its setting itself up to forgive sins. It was by propagating that belief and supporting it with fire that she kept up her temporal power.” – Thomas Paine
- “Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,’ thus building a wall of separation between church and State.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof…” – The First Amendment’s words on the matter, which is quoted by Jefferson above, and which he THEN calls an effective “wall of separation between church and State”.
But I can also point to you the words of something rather unexpected that would show you just how bad an idea church/state incorporation really is… the Bible. You’ve always heard about the Beast of Revelation. You always focused on that magical 3-digit number, but did you ever notice it was a state-enforced religion? And that it revealed possible horrors and abuses of power that could be caused by church/state melding!
- “Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived.The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.” – Revelation 13:11-18
It doesn’t matter if you do the same thing in the name of Jesus (and if you notice, the beast mentioned above was a lot like Jesus, having been “wounded by the sword and yet lived”). I’m not saying that’s what they’re trying to do. I’m just saying EVEN YOUR FUCKING BIBLE SAYS CHURCH/STATE INCORPORATION IS A BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!
So apparently, the Bible is Communist. At least it is according to Frothy.
Cross posted from http://ift.tt/1DtxTji